- $2 billion worth of chemicals are sprayed on the global cotton crop annually.
- Almost half of those chemicals are toxic enough to be classified as “hazardous” by the World Health Organization.
- Cotton is responsible for the release of 16% of global insecticides; more than any other crop.
- Cotton covers 2.5% of the world’s cultivated land, yet it accounts for 24% of the world’s insecticide market & 11% of the global sales of pesticides.
- Aldicarb, the second best selling pesticide for cotton production, can kill a human with one drop absorbed through the skin, yet it is used in 25 countries, including the US, where 16 states have reported it in their groundwater.
- Processing cotton uses many chemicals including silicone waxes, ammonia, formaldehyde & chlorine dioxide.
Those facts are why I believe organic cotton is so important. However, it can be hard to find & usually costs significantly more than conventional cotton. That’s why I’m so excited about this Kate Quinn Eversave deal! If you’ve ever considered purchasing some organic clothing items for your kids, you really need to head over to Eversave & purchase this voucher.
Queen Bee Coupons was kind enough to give me the heads up that this deal was going live so I stayed up a few minutes longer to post the deal for you guys. Thanks so much, Heather!